Many people question whether globalisation is a process or a current state, some arguing that it is too late to stop or control it, and some arguing that we can. Since the introduction of the Anglo-American Model, (especially since its peak in the 19th century and the huge increase of circulation in newspapers) plus the idea of liberalisation in the media, many countries are adopting and adapting similar institutions and approaches towards how we communicate and deliver. England and America are perfect examples of the liberal model and we can even see the development in the last few years of how hard and soft stories are being portrayed globally; modern news generally being described as the process that lies in the heart of capitalism.
With countries like China who still refuse to adopt the liberal/capitalist model and who especially emphasised this in the recent 18th national congress of the communist party in China, with Hu Jintao solemnly declaring in his report at the opening of the congress that “we will never copy a Western political system.” With this in mind, this means that countries that are committed to a communist system or even under developed places such as Africa, who do not necessarily have the technological reach to keep up with the fast-growing pace of the media like England and America, will there be stopping point for globalization? And do we need to slow down? Maybe even looking at the system connectivity of the world and its pace? And perhaps try to adopt more cultural aspects from the media models of other countries?
Blogs I Follow
- I Want To Be A Voice Actor!
- The Return of the Modern Philosopher
- Unbound Boxes Limping Gods
- International Bellhop Travel Magazine
- Fluff & Nonsense
- Art Attack
- Listful Thinking
- Big Jew on a Diet
- Postcard Cafe
- Being Margaret
- LEANNE COLE - The Photographer's Mentor
- Stuff My Brain Thinks
- My bag of pixels
- Jen Spectacular Industries
- BECKY SAYS THINGS
- How my heart speaks
- RT @bbcthree: This just happened on @BBCBreakfast. https://t.co/4b3zXqThBw 1 month ago
- RT @AGlasgowGirl: guy: ...just one drink me: no thank you guy: come on it's just a drink me: look, i'm sorry I just want to read my book wh… 1 month ago
- Having a bad mental health day. Trying to wrap my mind with positive thoughts. #positive https://t.co/cBSu5cQ39L 2 months ago
- RT @ageaton: Like @hannahrosewens', I've made a complaint to IPSO re. The Daily Mail's 'Happy Pills' headline which goes against guidelines… 2 months ago
- https://t.co/xYXYV1iYCw 2 months ago
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.